Saturday, October 19, 2013

Join Us in Prayer

As we begin another step in this journey, we ask all our family and friends to join us in our Novena prayers starting on Oct 21...9 days before Bud's stem cell transplant process begins.

I am sharing with you our own family's daily prayers which I first heard my kids recite, by heart, when they arrived here from Manila on Apr. 26. Apparently, my mom had taught it to them in the 2 weeks that we were separated.  

I was crying when I first heard them say this because it was clear that they meant every word of it --- and to myself, I was asking, "How can God deny these kids what they are asking for?".  But He didn't, He has given us all that we have asked for and more. 

Memorare

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. 
Amen. 


Prayer for the Intercession of Pope John Paul II
O Blessed Trinity, we thank you for having graced the church with Pope John Paul II and for allowing the tenderness of your fatherly care, the glory of the cross of Christ, and the splendor of the Holy Spirit, to shine through him.  Trusting fully in your infinite mercy and in the maternal intercession of Mary, he has given us a living image of Jesus the Good Shepherd, and has shown us that holiness is the necessary measure of ordinary Christian life and is the way of achieving eternal communion with you.  Grant us, by his intercession, and according to your will, the graces we implore, hoping that he will soon be numbered among your saints. Amen. 

A Miracle Prayer Habit for BUDDY

O Father of life, we come before you for help. We commit to you with perfect trust as Buddy goes through his healing treatment. Protect him in his hour of pain. Endow Ria with superhuman strength and perseverance. Guide the hands of everyone who shall touch Buddy with Your healing touch! Grant them wisdom and success that the outcome of all their endeavors will only be a sign of Your Light and goodness. Lord, grant Buddy forbearance through these trying times with cheerfulness and thanksgiving for Your miracle soon to unfold. Let these moments be a beacon of faith for Buddy, Ria, Luis, Nadya and Bianca. May they be witnesses of a faith experience for all! May all our love and prayer devotion be Buddy's healing balm.
Lord, finally, let your Easter Sunday experience descend upon Buddy specially, and his entire family! Infuse in Buddy a drop of your blood and alter all that is not from YOU in his system!
All these we pray by the blood of the Lamb, in Jesus' mighty healing name! Amen
Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit. Amen. 
Our father...
Hail Mary... 

Saint Faustina Kowalska's Healing Prayer for Divine Mercy 

Jesus, may Your pure and healthy blood circulate in Buddy's ailing organism, and may Your pure and healthy body transform his weak body, and may a healthy and vigorous life throb within him, if it is truly Your Holy Will.
O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fount of Mercy for us, I trust in You. 
Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and the whole world. Amen. 

Prayer to the Infant Jesus of Prague

O Infant Jesus, I run to You, begging You through Your Holy Mother
to save me in this need for Buddy to be healed,
for I truly and firmly believe that Your Divinity can defend me.
Full of trust I hope in You to obtain Your holy grace.
I love You with all my heart, I am painfully sorry for my sins
and on my knees I beg You, o Little Jesus, to free me from them.
My resolution is to improve and never more to offend You.
Therefore, I offer myself to You, ready to suffer everything for You
and to serve You faithfully.
I will love my neighbour as myself from my heart for the love of You.
O Little Jesus, I adore You, o Mighty Child, I implore You,
save me in this need for Buddy to be healed,
that I may enjoy You eternally, with Mary and Joseph see You
and with all the angels adore You. Amen.

You may choose one or all of our prayers, or you may have a prayer of your own.  Thank you all for the love and support you continue to give us.  We couldn't have come this far without you.

Ria

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ria, I am with you in prayers. I'd like to share with you a blog of prayers which I published in 2010. These were the prayers that helped me through during the time I was in a great trial. http://myfavoritenovenaprayers.blogspot.com.au/
    I downloaded the mp3 versions as well and saved them on my phone so that wherever I am, whatever I am doing, I can pray the novena prayers, that includes the rosary so I can listen to it and pray even when I am travelling. Keep the faith! Hugs to you and the family. -- Phylline

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can count on the Inocentes family to be with you in prayer. Will share this novena with the kids. Just want to share with you that since we've offered special intentions for Buddy at the 7pm mass at our village chapel , the kids always check if buddy's name is mentioned in the special intentions and they get upset if they miss out his name like last week. Last night they felt relieved when they heard his name at mass :-) pot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ria! I am not sure if you know me but I am a batch younger than you in Poveda. I know you quite well since we basically grew up together in Poveda plus Nok-Nok is the friend of my sister, Rheea, and Trina was my fellow glee club member in high school. I learned about your journey through one post in FB from Alumnas de Poveda asking for prayers for your husband and entire family. Ever since then, I have been following your blog. I am very inspired by your faith and courage and I truly enjoy reading your blog. You see we have some things in common like: my children's ages are very similar to the ages of your kids, I have one son (eldest) who is 13 and two daughters (ages 11 &9), we just relocated to California, USA in August 2011 and underwent similar adjustments you were confronted with and like your husband, I lived and studied here for college in 1988 until I moved back to the Philippines in 1993 and then back here again many years after. Anyway, I have been praying with you as well and rest assured that we will continue to do so... I eagerly await positive developments in the near future.

    Best Regards,

    Rydda De Los Reyes-Angeles

    (email: rdangeles1226@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi mommy and daddy thank you for mentioning Luis Nadya and I in your blog I hope you are having a good time in Rochester because we are having a good time here but we still miss you!See you on Saturday!Love,Bianca

    ReplyDelete