The kids, my parents and mom-in-law came in on Wednesday to join us here in Rochester. We would spend Thanksgiving together! So much to be thankful for and wonderful to have the whole family together.
Ria and can't be more thankful. As it's Thanksgiving Day here in the USA, we had the traditional turkey dinner which we ordered out from a great local restaurant (Canadian Honker). We gave thanks for:
* My parents, for being the kids' drivers as of late, and for being there when we needed them the most in April and May, when we were in serious trouble.
* My mother-in-law, for taking care of the kids for the past month, otherwise, we wouldn't have been able to do the transplant
* Our wonderful children, who got transplanted from the Philippines to the USA on a moment's notice, and have adjusted fantastically to life here
* My brother Mike and his family. Mike has helped so much throughout this year.
* Our extended family worldwide, who have given endless prayers and support. There's no way we could have made it this far without them. They're too many to mention but you all know who you are!
* Our friends here and worldwide who have also provided their prayers and support. Special thanks to Claudith!
* My best friends John and Steve and their families. I can't say enough of what they've done for us.
* My very supportive company, Global Sources
* My wife Ria. I wouldn't have made it without her.
And of course, I gave thanks for being alive. Not only am I alive, I feel great!
|Traditional turkey dinner with mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn and rice! Plus pie overload -- apple, pecan and pumpkin with cream, plus Bunnies coconut cake.|
8 months ago, I said "Whatever cancer this is, it doesn't know who it is up against. It's picked a fight with the wrong person". I've said it before, but the cancer wasn't up against me, it took on a whole army of prayer warriors, my friends, my family, my wife, and me. We've won for now!
It's a fantastic feeling to know I'm cancer free. There's no guarantee that it won't come back, we'll always be monitoring. But, I'm back!
I haven't posted a video in awhile so I wanted to give a link to one of my favorite songs. In celebration for being back, and since it is "Black Friday", this song fits. Note, it's a little loud!
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Buddy & Ria